Skip to main content

CURRENT LISTENING JANUARY 2017


Putting these here as a note to myself so I don't forget - a few new things and a couple that sneaked in at the tail-end of 2016 too late for my best-of-the-year lists. Currently these are the only things digging me out of the Miles Agharta/Pangaea/Dark Magus/Complete On The Corner Sessions Box I currently can't seem to stop scurrying down . . . . . 

AU-DESSUS
XI
(Witching Hour Productions)




CAMP LO
ON THE WAY UPTOWN 
(Persia) 


DUTCHY 
TRAVERSAL 
(Bandcamp) 


THE GASLAMP KILLER 
INSTRUMENTALEPATHY
(TheGaslampKiller)


INFINITO 2017 
A PROTAGONIST LIFE: UNSCRAMBLING AFRICA
(Bandcamp) 



KAZI & MADLIB 
BLACKMARKET SEMINAR 
(Below System)


KILL ALTERS 
NO SELF HELP 
(Bandcamp)



LIL SIMZ
STILLNESS IN WONDERLAND
(Bandcamp)


MICALL PARKNSUN
PRACTICING TAG TEAM MOVES
(Boot)



RUN THE JEWELS 
RTJ3 
(Run The Jewels, Inc.)


STRANGE U
LP#4080
(High Focus)



TIME MACHINE 
SLOW YOUR ROLL
(Bandcamp) 




UNIFORM
WAKE IN FRIGHT
(Bandcamp)


VIC SPENCER X BIG GHOST LTD
THE GHOST OF LIVING 
(Bandcamp) 


. . . some of these I'll be writing about for money if I can find anyone daft enough to hire me. Until then DONATE at paypal moonbear69@live.co.uk cheers m'dears x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MANIC STREET PREACHERS, ASTORIA, LONDON, 1994, LIVE REVIEW, MELODY MAKER

(photo by Pat Pope, full text)  MANIC STREET PREACHERS  ASTORIA, LONDON  SORRY, lifelong fan, but I’m a new convert. I got into them a week ago and here I am. (They start with “Faster and, after the dub and horrorcore they’ve played, it jarrs and fits perfectly.) OK, see it ain’t attitude cos anyone can do that, just cock a snook and suck your cheeks. It ain’t glamour. Glamour is boring. Glamour is loud pretty people who hug, hug, hug, giggling at your geek self all night. And it ain’t rock’n’roll; it was your rock’n’roll that made a nigger-hater the King, your teddy boys who Paki-bashed for Mosley, Notting Hill 1958, your rock’#n’roll build on SAMBO DON’T SELL. I ain’t interested and the Manics are way beyond that. (“Yes” is Stjepan Mestrovic’s “Balkanisation Of The West” turned punk anthem, as if it could be any more punk. No higher compliment exists.)    The four founding points of Manics songs – one: modern life is untenable. Two: no one ever gets used to loneliness. Three: if tr…

A POP DAYDREAM PART I: THINNING THE HERD.

This was my dream. And it was so vivid it really happened. 
I hired a van. The expense was a concern but I needed the capacity. First the long drive north to Middlesborough. I knew he'd be at home, visiting relatives. Made sure my HeadBag was packed. Blindfolds and ballgags. Rope. Some starved, stroppy badgers. Maxi-pack of chloroform-seeped bogroll from Costco. Masking tape. As I eased onto the M1 I told myself again the story of how it was developed from the need for waterproof ammunition casings in WWII. I had to, I was bored, and it's a long schlep up to 'boro. Idly, after securing a mortgage for a bacon roll at Tibshelf, I had an argument with my other personality about whether Middlesborough was in North Yorkshire, County Durham or Teeside. 
Nothing got resolved. A plain-clothes officer pulled me off in the hardshoulder near Malton and issued stern words about punching myself while driving. No hilarity did ensue. I needed to focus. This was a serious business. By noo…

BRITAIN SEE THYSELF PART II. A POST-REFERENDUM DIARY AND A HISTORY OF BRITISH SELF-PITY

Tuesday June 28th, 2016.

OK, a week since the vote and hey, I know the drill. Similar to those habits you kicked back into after 9-11, after 7-7. Heads down. Don't notice the people crossing the road to avoid you. Don't register any reaction to the shop assistants who drop the change with a panic'd repulsion into your foul brown palm. Keep your eyes down, no eye-contact with anyone. Get through the street to safety because the street is a place where you are a target again now, just as you were as a child. Don't ever ever relax again because that moment where your vigilance slips, when you start doubting your own paranoia, is the moment when the van draws up and three pink faces look your way grinning, when the kids see their chance to have some fun, when the guy on his bike who you hadn't thought of leans into the pavement to spit his venom, when the words will come unbidden and deafening, those words that won't just fuck up your day but will haunt your sleep, …