Writing by Neil Kulkarni

Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Current Listening Feb 2017: A Quick Rundown of What Hip Hop Is Floating My Boat Right Now

Album of the year thus far I reckon is the new Quelle Chris. Just an astonishing piece of work, his
best yet, start to finish utterly compelling.



Also floating my boat this set of reblends of classic beats from Real Live's massively underrated lost masterpiece of 90s rap 'The Turnaround' with freestyles of the era. Shouldn't work, does a fucking treat. You can also download it from here.




Don't give a fuck that rap-fans with skinny jeans who read Noisey probably don't dig Your Old Droog. His new EP 'What Happened To Fire' if fuckin' boss.



And yeah, I must admit, I find it very difficult to drag my sorry ass away from Chief Keef's 'Two Zero One Seven' right now and why would I want to. Yes some of the tracks are indistinguishable but did you ever hold that against Monster Magnet? Exactly. The flickering half-dead roachtwitching drive and dissipation of right now summated better than anyone. Smear yourselves with it until your skin bleeds pure barcode.




You KNOW I love Strange U. You should too. Album finally here and it's an absolute livid motherfucker.



Oh and very much digging this str8 fuego from Oh No & Tristate



Finally, haven't even got to the belly of this beast but if the singles were anything to go by this will be one of the year's highlights. See y'in March my darlings.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment